Do You Need an Audiology Test Near Mt. Pleasant, MI?
Are you struggling to pick up conversations over background noise?
According to the Hearing Loss Association of America, about 48 million Americans have hearing loss. Although age-related loss is common, children and young adults are also affected.
If you're concerned about your hearing, having a hearing test is the first step towards some relief. Diagnosing the type of hearing loss helps us determine the best way to treat it and how to prevent further loss. There are four main types of hearing loss:
- Sensorineural is the most common type. It's a gradual loss caused by damage to the cells and/or nerves in the ear.
- Conductive is when sound waves can't reach the inner ear. It can be caused by infection, trauma to the ear, or a blockage. Conductive hearing loss can often be reversed, or partially reversed, with the right treatment.
- Congenital is hearing loss that a person is born with. There are many different causes, including genetic factors, infections, or premature birth. It's important to diagnose hearing loss in newborns because it can affect their development.
- Mixed hearing loss is a combination of the other types. For example, a person could have sensorineural loss and also have an infection in the inner ear (conductive).
An audiology test can help diagnose your hearing loss by evaluating what sounds, pitches, and frequencies you can hear. From there, our hearing specialists can find the right solution for you.
If you feel like you need an audiology test, CCMC Hearing Care is here for you!
Some of the products and services we offer include:
- Hearing loss tests
- Various audiometry tests
- Auditory training or coaching
- Hearing aid sales, tests, and repairs
- Swimmers’ ear plugs
- Musicians’ earpieces
- Stethoscope amplification
- Tinnitus diagnosis and treatment
We’ll be with you every step of the way!
Contact us for an audiology test near Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding areas. We’re here for you at two convenient locations. We want you to hear what you’ve been missing!
We offer no-cost consultations and hearing aid repair evaluations!